Trademark Registration Indonesia
Register your company trademark in Indonesia to protect your brand and grow your business
What is Trademark in Indonesia?
So basically all related to the branding of your company is trademark (pma setup link): the name, the logo, the colors, some specific designs…
Check Trademark registration in Indonesia
Benefits of registering your Trademark
- You will be legally protected if somebody tries to register your brand or a very similar one
- Others will be discouraged to use your brand or your content
- Your brand will stick out among other competitors
- Gives your brand more thrust and authority
When will your Trademark not get approved?
There could be several reason why your registration get rejected:
- for example your branding goes against the Legislation, the Morality , the religion or the Public Order of Indonesia
- Only mention the product but not about the class. You need to choose the correct classification for your trademark. There are 45 classes to choose from for your trademark. Class 1-34 are for goods and 35-45 are for services. You can also apply for more than 1 class for trademark
- It is very similar to another Trademark. It is important that your trademark is unique and can not be confused/compared with others
- It is a common name or it is a general public property
- Contain information which are not in line with the quality, benefits of goods and/or services
But no worries, if for some reasons your Trademark application will get refused, we still have another 90 days to correct the application.
Transfer your Trademark to Indonesia from abroad
To do so you can just contact us and we will help you to achieve that. Usually it takes around 15 days to review and if approved it will get into the trademark register within 6 months.
Validity of Trademark in Indonesia
Do you really need a Trademark registration In Indonesia?
However when the brand starts to grow we highly recommend to register the mark to legally protect your brand and to give it more trust. Our brand has already been registered since the beginning of our journey.
As our experience tells us, in business even the healthiest relationship/friendship can turn around, so we see healthier and safer for the long term to have Trademark and other paper written down for legal protection.
How long does it take to register the trademark and at what cost?
Our price to register a trademark when we act as a guarantee is IDR 3,500,000.
Process of Trademark registration
Please note, you will not be able to reclaim your trademark, when someone else has registered it with the Directorate General of Intellectual Property Rights (Ditjen HKI).
- The applicant (company or individual) prepares 30 samples of brands with a maximum size of 9 x 9 cm, at least 2 x 2 cm
- Prepare a list of goods or services that are branded
- Certificate of ownership from the applicant
- Power of Attorney (if required)
- Photocopy of the applicant's KTP
- Photocopy of NPWP (specifically for company applicants)
- The submission of a trademark by the applicant directly and going through a verification process carried out by the Ditjen HKI. The applicant will fill out a trademark registration form with various other requirements that must be fulfilled, such as a certificate of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, brand label, special power of attorney, proof of payment for trademark registration, and proof of receipt of a trademark registration request.
- After this, the Ditjen HKI will check the registration, until finally a trademark certificate is issued.